Friday, February 26, 2010

Danny's Home is Not Where His Heart Is

The American politicos are having a field day using Danny Williams' heart surgery in the US as evidence that Canada's health care is sub-standard. Someone has to defend our splendid country before the spurious claims down south take hold.

In 1975, I received a quadruple A/C bypass at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal. By 1988, it required an update and a further triple bypass was performed at the Montreal Heart Institute.
Today, at 77, I feel privileged to live in Canada, my health is first-class, even though I could never have afforded First Class private health coverage. Nor a condo in Florida!

Would I trade my life here for residence in the USA? "Not bloomin' likely," as Eliza would have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment