Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I is for Ignatieff


Following the Liberal Party's 150 year Brains Trust Conference last weekend, Michael Ignatieff, leader of the Liberal Opposition party, was questioned on CBC yesterday. In his responses, he not only avoided answering the questions, all politicians do that - but he all too often, used "me, myself and I" as his subject. It was embarrassing. There he was emerging from a festival of ideas, implying that the party revolved around him! He should have been pulling the party together with we, us, even all Canadians, not I, me, my. That style may be difficult for one with the aristocratic background he has, not to mention the intellectual monogram he has been weaving for several decades.  If he has such little sensitivity or political acumen, I hope the Libs stop asking me to donate to his cause! The old Liberal Party was more astute - and thus, often in power. Gawd knows what the back-room boys are doing to bring Iggy's attention to his shortcomings. Meanwhile, the P.M. must be smiling all the way to the next election, reassured that his luck has changed after his prorogation drop in popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment